Sunday, January 17, 2010

If it is to recover, Haiti must make some profound cultural and political ch...

 
 

Sent to you by Zeeshan via Google Reader:

 
 

via Slate Magazine by Anne Applebaum on 1/16/10

For the past several days, I have found myself unable to look at the photographs from Haiti. I have also found that when I start reading an article datelined Port-au-Prince, I have to force myself to read to the end of it. I have donated money to Doctors Without Borders, on the grounds that it has been in Haiti a long time and will be able to use the cash quickly. However, I have no illusions about my tiny donation, or about the organization's ability to help. I have no illusions about anyone's ability to help, for this is not just a natural disaster: It is a man-made disaster first and foremost, and so it will remain.

[more ...]


Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Add to digg Add to Reddit Add to StumbleUpon Email this Article

Haiti - Port-au-Prince - Médecins Sans Frontières - Caribbean - Natural disaster

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment